Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Mountain Bike - Genesis IO ID

As I'll be going on the GWC Cycling Project this year in May, I've been cycling a lot more and taking the training pretty seriously. As I've already got a pretty descent hybrid bike, I've been thinking about getting myself a new mountain bike. Then, as if I'd ordered it personally, an email came around GWC with details of the bike to work scheme. It seemed a very attractive way to buy an expensive bike. I didn't waste much time and headed to Edinburgh Bicycle at lunch for a quick browse.
I hadn't been looking around the shop for long, when I spotted the Genesis IO ID; the same bike I had ridden in Glentress only a few weeks ago. I was very impressed with it that day and it was the perfect test ride. I made enquiries there and then and a couple of days later, I got my voucher from work. A couple more days later, I picked it up from the shop and it was mine! Awesome!
So far, I'm mighty pleased with it and can't wait to test it properly in the Pentlands or down in Glentress.
Review here.