Saturday, October 30, 2010

Further Leg Fail

This morning I was keen to try some easy sprints in the park, as recommended by the physio. After a very thorough and gradual warmup of 20 minutes or so, I began with some very gentle 1/2 to 3/4 pace 40 metre shuttles. Things were going well and I was feeling good... until the 6th or 7th shuttle. Just as I started to get into my stride, I felt an unmistakable 'pop' on the outside of my thigh/hip. It wasn't sore but I stopped immediately and drove home to ice it asap.
It is now quite sore and stiff and I've clearly pulled or torn something else. It is in a slightly different place at my thigh/hip to the other muscle I injured previously. Needless to say, I'm pretty deflated and frustrated right now but I'll have to wait until Wednesday for the diagnosis from Ross. Let's hope it's not too serious...