Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Injury and Recovery update

Over the past few weeks I have continued with the weekly physio sessions at SPACE and the daily stretching. I have also been jogging around Harrison Park five evenings in the past 10 days. It's been hard and a little painful at first but my injury is beginning to drive me insane so I am super keen to get back as soon as possible! I'm not enjoying the down time at all - I can't climb so I have been trying to entertain myself with lots and lots of pull-ups.
As well as the jogging and stretching, I have been trying to have a hot bath most evenings in an attempt to loosen the muscles - which seems to work well. Ross has said that he wants me to progress on to some short shuttle-style sprints at 3/4 pace this week - to further stress the muscles. He seems to be pleased with my dedication and progress so hopefully I will be back in action in the next couple of weeks.