Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ankle Injury - Update

My ankle injury may be worse than I first thought - I went for an X-ray in A&E just to be on the safe side and was told that it was just a very bad sprain. I have been off work for the last two days and have been totally resting my ankle and applying ice to it for 10 minutes every hour during the day. I have been using a compression bandage and the swelling seems to be subsiding today. I have extensive bruising all around the outside of the foot and I have hardly any range of movement whatsoever.
Extensive bruising, two days after injury
Extensive bruising, two days after injury
Once the swelling reduces a little more, I will start to treat it and attempt to stretch it and mobilise the joint more. This time it is a race to get it ready for the tail end of the winter season!